Welcome once again to the Frisky Power Rankings, where I rank women’s flat track roller derby according to my whims/in-depth knowledge.
IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIIIIIME OF THE YEAAAAR
Division One Playoffs are just around the corner, everyone! Next weekend!
This is really when teams have to show their power. There will probably be surprises. One would hope so, anyway. I hope to look really stupid this time next month due to lots of awesome surprises.
- Gotham. Let’s be real: They’re not going to get a challenge until November.
- Bay Area Derby. Beat Texas and Denver in late July. Yep.
- Texas. Didn’t exactly blow out Atlanta, but we can call it “decisive” I think.
- Everyone else.
- Rose City. If they do really well at playoffs, I’m boosting them up to the top tier there. I’m doing it!
- A whole game on WFTDA.tv without an outage. Ahhh, feels so good!
- Angel City. Have they really never played Texas? Let’s fix this.
- Windy City. Beat Minnesota! And Minny is really good right now!
- Minnesota.A loss to Windy on neutral ground is gonna dip you a few places, but this is a tight group here. Nothing to be ashamed of, ladies.
- London. Have they really never played BAD? Let’s fix this.
- Denver. We only have to wait a week to see how they stack up against Minnesota (yaaaay)
- Apple pie ala mode. Yes, ice cream is still on the list, but now it has a buddy.
- Victoria. We have to wait a month to see how they stack up against…everyone. International rankings are volatile, but teams outside the U.S. are exceeding expecations this year.
- Teams from outside the U.S. Let’s give ‘em a hand! Bear City! Rideau Valley!
- Philly. Philly gets a little playoffs bump because I have a feeling they’ll rise to the occasion.
- Atlanta. Holding Texas to 160 points is no small feat.
- Rocky Mountain. They’re playing the Portland Dudes this weekend. “Do you want us to come to Portland?” “NO!” cried many bearded men at once. “We don’t mind! We’ll go to you! Nooooo problem!” Anyways, I hope Rocky wins. No offense, dudes.
- Jacksonville. No action this month. Standing pat.
- Charm City. Beat Montreal, lost to Philly. Sounds about right.
- Rat City. Remember what I said last month? Yep.
What do you think? Please tell me all of your opinions. I don’t get out much anymore, and I need to dish via the internet.
ARE YOU EXCITED?
I’m going to need a little bit more enthusiasm than that.
YEAH IT IS.