Welcome once again to the Frisky Power Rankings, where I rank women’s flat track roller derby according to my whims/in-depth knowledge.
It’s actually happening.
What do you do when you get nervous? I get very quiet and type a lot of periods to try to demonstrate that feeling to the internet.
For this extra-special set of Power Rankings before WFTDA champs, we’re just doing the top 12. Because. They’re my power rankings. Deal with it.
Is this what I think the games will play out? Not necessarily. It’s a gauge of their power. What they do with any given 60 minutes, who knows? “What’s why they play the games.”
- Gotham. Always #1 in power until someone proves otherwise.
- Bay Area Derby. Un-de-feat-ed! *clap clap clap-clap-clap* So far this year! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*
- Rose City. As a fan, I’m just gonna say: I believe.
- London. They were looking pretty locked in at playoffs. Can they keep it up? They also added Kid Block. She is good at skating.
- Texas. Yes, they lost to Windy at playoffs, but Texas always brings it at champs.
- Windy City. If they can keep up the momentum, who knows?
- Victoria. Don’t choke on your musk sticks if there’s a completely international game this year.
- Denver. Only this low because everyone else is so awesome. No one’s going to take this team lightly.
- Minnesota. It’s supposed to freeze in Nashville this weekend. DOES THIS MEAN WINTER IS COMING?
- Angel City. Hard to tell, but flashes of brilliance.
- Philly. Shenita Stretcher is back. Does that give them the firepower to match up against Denver?
- Rocky Mountain. I have a wide screen, and I can’t read this roster. Am I old? I might be old.
- Disc Jockey Agent Meow. Especially in regard to boombox parties.
- Baby Sour in a skeleton costume
- Halloween candy
What do you think? Please spill in the comments. Also, tell me what you do when you get nervous.