Welcome once again to the Frisky Power Rankings, where I rank women’s flat track roller derby according to my whims/in-depth knowledge.
AHHH DIVISION ONE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING. Tucson is NEXT WEEK. I’ll be seeing Team United play for the first time! Will Bricktator play against BAD? Victoria plays more games! WHOA it’s all going to be awesome. THEN DALLAS ACK HELP so exciting.
- Gotham. They’ve been cruising along all year, crushing all teams in their wake, like usual. *drums on laptop with thumbs, blows airs up through bangs*
- London. Beat Rose City by a handy margin in London. Now, Rose might have been touristing it up a bit, but 129-193 is no small margin.
- Victoria. Will everyone be on to them now that they’ve studied the tape from Victoria’s last visit to the States? Will people ever get that “Victoria” is a proper noun and “Victorian” is an adjective? WE SHALL SOON SEE.
- Rose City Rollers. Hoping they’ll stomp everyone with their pegacorn hooves pretty soon. (Biased.)
- Denver. I have to give Denver the edge over Texas here, as they beat them in May. I have a tendency to underrate Denver, too, but they consistently make it happen.
- Texas. You’re great, and I can’t wait to watch you.
- Angel City. Just lost to Texas, beat out BAD, so let’s snuggle them up here between the two. Cozy!
- Bay Area Derby. But seriously, they only lost to Texas by 13.
- Philly. Close result against Denver, win over a surging Montreal. Not a bad August.
- Jacksonville. Daang, looking strong, looking strong.
- Arch Rival. Slide down a bit on loss to Jacksonville.
- Montreal. Just lost to Philly to 12. Don’t sleep.
- Minnesota. No games this month, I don’t know, so let’s just save the cut-and-paste (tough on the wrists after a while, geez) and leave them here.
- Sun State. Are they ready to surprise at playoffs this year, or do they need a year of seasoning? LIKE I SAID ABOUT THEIR FELLOW AUSTRALIANS.
- Team United. So much power, and I’ve never seen them play. What a world.
- Atlanta. A game against Texas is a pretty good warmup…
- Tampa. …so was a game against Arch Rival.
- Stockholm. Sometimes teams are ranked and it seems like they should have power but I have no clue. Let’s be honest here.
- Terminal City. Just beat Rat by one, but at home. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN.
- Rat City. I ask you.
- Rocky Mountain. They haven’t played since June. Yawn. That does it for your power!
- Dallas. Yeah, sure, why not?
- Nashville. Whoo, congrats! A win at D2 playoffs gives you power.
- Kansas City. Sames.
- Ice cream. Hey, we’re getting serious this time of year.
What do you think? Who has power? Let us know in the comments. Dish freely, or send me anonymous tips at @littleanecdote so I feel cool. (It doesn’t hurt to ask.)