Welcome once again to the Frisky Power Rankings, where I rank women’s flat track roller derby according to my whims/in-depth knowledge.
A few surprises this month, but nothing too earth-shattering. Not that sports results would shatter the Earth. Only evil geniuses with laser beams can do that.
- Gotham. Still the best.
- Texas. Still really good.
- Bay Area Derby. Still good. Better than most teams, actually.
- Everyone else.
- Summer. Summer jams!
- London. They’re #3 in the WFTDA rankings for the moment, so, hey, that sounds like power to me.
- Angel City. Beat Denver by a little at home, so hop hop hop up the rankings they go, like bunnies who are good at roller derby.
- Denver. Lots of changes, but that never seems to bother them THAT much.
- Rose City. Decent game against Texies. You’re all right, Rose. You’re all right. (smooches)
- Windy City. Lost to Denver. In Denver. I know how that is, ladies. It’s all dry and their air is not as air-y as it could be.
- Minnesota. Beat Atlanta. Pretty nice!
- Philly. I didn’t know whether to put Philly or Atlanta first, but Philly gets the nod because of ECDX.
- Atlanta. We’ll know more after ECDX. (EYEBROW RAISE) No, but we will.
- Rocky Mountain. Rocky start (har har, tip your bartender, I’ll be here all week/the rest of your life) but Juska’s going to play sometime, right? Juska?
- Rat City. Revenge hath been wrought vs. Montreal. The real test is going to be against Angel City. The real sports cliche, too.
- Jacksonville. Seriously, I need some kind of Florida correspondent.
- Charm City. Let’s chat more after Franky Panky, ladies.
- Arizona. A score differential of 555 will always keep a team in the power rankings.
- Oly. Look like a bunch of talented skaters who haven’t played WFTDA for a year or so.
- Montreal. Not the best west coast swing. Tant pis! But sometimes that’s a good way to warm up a season.
What do you think?