Welcome once again to the Frisky Power Rankings, where I rank women’s flat track roller derby according to my whims/in-depth knowledge.
I’ve only started to think about how all the WFTDA rankings are going to shake out . Luckily, other people think about that for me. That’s a relief. The less thinking, the better! (Thinking is fine, but the outcome is not always all it could be around here.)
- Gotham. I’m going to be googling “what time is it in London” a few times before we’re done.
- Texas. Not a big victory over Denver, but we all know Texas’ ways of sharpening up just before tournament season.
- Bay Area Derby. Not consistent in their scores against Angel City, but consistent in beating everyone who isn’t Gotham.
- Everyone else. London? We’ll see soon.
- Ice cream. It’s supposed to be 97 in Portland today, what the hell. ICE CREAM PLEASE.
- London. See above RE: Gotham.
- Rose City. Seem to be rolling in Serelson and Rivas to the rotation just fine, thank you. (Would you look at the point differential per jam for Serelson right this moment. Okay. Wow. Such points.)
- Angel City. Angel City, you are doing so great. If not for ice cream, you would be right up there.
- Denver. #1 for strength of schedule so far, geez.
- Windy City. Maybe performing a smidge below the high expectations set last year, but not too shabby.
- Minnesota. Putting up some nice results. Such nice ladies. Nice!
- Victoria. So much power in one month. I knew all along they were good. No, really.
- Philly. I put them over Atlanta last month, so now I feel super smart. Imagine me with my thumbs in my suspenders, looking all pleased.
- Rocky Mountain. Keeping up with contenders. GUYS I JUST REALIZED why Rocky Mountain’s B-team is called The Contenders. I played against them like three years ago. And still.
- Atlanta. Standing pat in May with mixed results.
- Jacksonville. I bet they eat a lot of ice cream.
- Charm City. …and just when we went through that whole Rocky Mountain thing, I’m starting to look smart again for last month’s ranking.
- Terminal City. Outside of a Canadian-on-Canadian loss to Montreal, some great results lately.
- Oly. I wouldn’t want to see them as a five seed.
- Rat City. They definitely don’t want to see Oly as a five seed.
What do you think?
Oh, btw, have you commented on the roller derby hall of fame post? Do that. It’ll be fun.